Aurora Tech Award, which awards prizes annually to female founders of IT startups with a significant impact on global development, has opened its application portal for the 2022 edition. The award is targeting women in cutting-edge technology, particularly female entrepreneurs.
Also, the award recipient represents the freedom of choice that inDrive is restoring to its users. She defies stereotypes, is self-sufficient and caring and does important and exciting work.
Winners stand to Get
The top three winners will have access to other possibilities including the inDrive mentorship program in addition to the monetary award.
- The top prize is $30,000.
- Second-place award: $20,000
- Third-place award: $10,000
- Any female entrepreneur or co-founder of a business that was founded within the last five years is eligible.
- The nominee’s company’s principal offering must be an IT-based product.
- At the time the application is submitted, the nominee must be employed by the company in a C-level position.
The nominee presentation consists of:
- The significant accomplishments of the candidate
- A succinct bio that describes any difficulties the candidate encountered while working on their startup and the skills that enabled her to overcome these difficulties.
- The startup’s achievements
- A thorough overview of the business, a list of accomplishments, and an explanation of how the startup improves the world.
The motivation behind the nomination
A thorough justification of how receiving the prize will improve the applicant’s, the startup’s, or a specific community’s quality of life.
The information given above should be included in presentations. Make sure the file is 30 MB or less and in PDF format.
Motivation for the Aurora tech award
The aim of the award is to change perceptions such as investors hesitance in investing women founded businesses as well as the myth that a career in technology isn’t meant for women irrespective of their talents and gift.
Furthermore, the Aurora Tech Award was established to o remind people that women are half of our civilization’s creative intellectual potential. In many technological fields, they have become the driving force behind the development and have done a great deal of good in the world. Also, during the Second World War, it was women who deciphered covert Nazi communications, and in the 1960s, it was women scientists who made the Apollo space missions possible.
Also, the organization believes that women should have the opportunity not only to get a career in IT but also to flourish therein, to realize their best ideas without having to face unnecessary obstacles. That is why we have set ourselves the following tasks: to recognize the achievements of women in IT entrepreneurship, to support them with a financial award, and to tear down gender stereotypes in IT.
How to apply
Interested women founders can apply here. The deadline for application for the Aurora tech award is Friday, December 2, 2022.