The Africa Women Innovation and Entrepreneurship Forum (AWIEF) has delayed the deadline for applications for the LeadTech Incubation Program.
This comes after the challenges that the ongoing pandemic has brought to the African continent.
For the above reason, the applications have been delayed to May 20, 2020.
Speaking on the issue, Founder and CEO of AWIEF, Irene Ochem said “We fully appreciate the uncertainty, disruptions to business and need for flexibility during these difficult times, and hope that this will relieve some pressure for those who would like to submit an application. This global pandemic serves to highlight the importance of innovations in health, education, agriculture, finance, and the environment in Africa, and LeadTech Incubation offers a unique opportunity for women tech and digital startups to test, develop and grow their innovative solutions in a time calling for creative and collaborative solutions to global problems”.
LeadTech is an intensive 6-month program made purposely for an early-stage women-led startup. It is run by Mohammed VI Polytechnic University, Morocco in partnership with AWIEF.
The aim of the program to develop and provide a good environment for women entrepreneurs to grow their businesses so they become independent.
Participants who will be selected will have access to
- Tailored training and capacity-building
- A 3-week residency at UM6P in Morocco
- Space and infrastructure (Living Labs, Digital Lab, Data Center, Prototyping Labs)
- World-class mentors and experts to work with you
- 5-months virtual incubation
- Venture showcase at AWIEF2020 (2 – 3 December, Johannesburg, South Africa)
- Funding opportunities
The eligibility of the LeadTech Incubation program are as follows:
- female digital startup leaders who are 18 years of age or older
- residing in any African country.
- You have an innovative, scalable offer that integrates digital technologies into the process.
- You are passionate, committed,
- have the capacity to engage fully in the program.
The program will start on June 1, 2020, to December 3, 2020.