The O-Farms program which is been funded by IKEA Foundation is focused on circular agribusiness with the goal of making circularity a mainstream approach for improved rural livelihoods and sustainability.
O-Farms aims to leverage innovative business models in reduce agricultural losses thereby creating new economic opportunities and jobs in Kenya and Ethiopia.
- Startup must be operating in the agricultural sector
- Have an innovative or disruptive solution / business model that reduces food losses, or converts agric products into biodegradable packaging materials for the food industry, or into compost/organic fertilizers or into bio-energy
- Startup must be a growth stage enterprise with an existing customer base (post revenue)
- Startup must be a Kenyan registered enterprise with with least one of the founding team members being Kenyan
In Kenya, the E4Impact Accelerator will implement the program with 12 startups participating in the first cohort.
Selected startups will gain access to a customised training program on agri-circularity business, technical assistance, coaching and mentorship, networking and peer learning.
- Customized training program on agri-circularity business
- Technical Assistance to embed circularity principles in the business model including strengthening the systems End processes
- Coaching and Mentorship — personalized and group coaching to unpack training into business implementation
- Links to financial and investment opportunities
- Networking and peer learning to strengthen innovations
- Competitive peer-to-peer awarded seed grants of up to Euro 50,000 (for 2 cohort selected enterprises)
- Networking opportunities to showcase solution, meet with investors and other stakeholders.
Applications are open until October 10, interested startups can apply here.