Cristiano Ronaldo, the Portuguese and Manchester United striker, will launch his first NFT collection on November 18 as part of a multi-year partnership with Binance, the world’s leading blockchain ecosystem, and cryptocurrency infrastructure provider.
In June 2022, the Portuguese star signed a multi-year NFT partnership with Binance, which includes a global promotion aimed at providing Ronaldo’s fans with an introduction to Web3 and a compelling entry point into the world of NFTs.
He Yi, co-founder and Chief Marketing Officer of Binance says “We believe the metaverse and blockchain are the future of the internet. We are honored to collaborate with Cristiano to help more people understand blockchain and showcase how we are building Web3 infrastructure for the sports and entertainment industry.”
Commenting on the soon-to-be-launch NFTs; Ronaldo said “It was important to me that we created something memorable and unique for my fans as they are such a big part of my success. With Binance, I was able to make something that not only captures the passion of the game but rewards fans for all the years of support.”
What You Should Know About Cristiano Ronaldo NFT collection
The inaugural Cristiano Ronaldo NFT collection will drop on November 18 (9 a.m. UTC) and feature seven animated statues with four rarity levels:
Super Super Rare (SSR)
Super Rare (SR)
Moreover, each NFT statue depicts Ronaldo in an iconic moment from his life, from career-defining bicycle kicks to his childhood in Portugal.
- The 45 highest value CR7 NFTs (5 SSR and 40 SR) will be held for auction on the Binance NFT marketplace, however, the auction will remain open for 24 hours, with NFTs awarded to the highest bidder. Also, bidding prices will start at 10,000 BUSD for SSR and 1,700 BUSD for SR.
- Also, the remaining 6,600 NFTs (600 R and 6,000 N) will be offered on Binance starting at 77 BUSD for the Normal rarity.
- Each rarity level will come with its own set of exclusive perks, ranging from:
- Personal message from Cristiano Ronaldo
- Autographed CR7 & Binance merchandise
- Guaranteed access for all future CR7 NFT drops
- Complimentary CR7 Mystery Boxes
- Entry into giveaways with signed merchandise and prizes
In addition, new Binance.com users who register (and complete KYC) will receive a Cristiano Ronaldo Mystery Box, also limited-edition Ronaldo NFTs may be included in these boxes. Although the CR7 Mystery Boxes will be available to the first 1.5 million new Binance users who sign up using the referral code RONALDO.
Moreover US-based users, Binance.US – Binance.com’s US partner – are offering a free souvenir NFT for USD deposits made on the platform during the promotion period. Users who receive the souvenir NFT will be added to a whitelist and will be able to purchase future CR7 NFTs.
The Cristiano Ronaldo NFT collection’s future sets will be available in early 2023. All collections will only be available on Binance.com.