TikTok has introduced a new platform to help marketers known as, “TikTok For Business”.
“TikTok For Business” platform serves as the home for all its current and future marketing solutions for brands.
The platform includes access to TikTok ad formats and its marque product, TopView, which is the ad that appears when users first launch the TikTok app.
Other products under TikTok For Business umbrella are Brand Takeovers, In-Feed Videos, Hashtag Challenges, and Branded Effects.
The features of the products are as follows;
- Brand Takeovers are the 3-5 second ads which can be either a video or an image.
- In-Feed Videos can be up to 60 seconds in length and run with the sound on.
- Hashtag Challenges enables brands to participate in the user community by inviting TikTok users to create content around a hashtag of their choice, which comprises Hashtag Plus and also adds a shopping feature to this experience.
- Branded Effects allow brands to insert themselves more directly into the content creation experience. The effects allow a brand or product to be added to a video in a 2D, 3D, or now AR format in either the foreground or background of the video. These can also be combined with Hashtag Challenges to boost engagement with the brand.
- The new AR effect, “Brand Scan” has been added also alongside the formal launch of TikTok For Business itself.
Notably, most of the products on TikTok For Business were already available but the new platform organizes them under one roof and provides a place to introduce new products when they arrive.
Furthermore, the platform is introducing a new e-learning center that will allow marketers to learn about TikTok and its ad offerings. This center will include product guides, resources, and creative best practices to help them launch successful campaigns.
However, Tik Tok has not disclosed the price of its ad tools and solutions but said the price will be based on what the brand wants to achieve and the scope of its campaign.
Tik Tok’s website details of the budget of daily campaigns as well as total budgets.
MD for Global Business Marketing for Tik Tok, Katie Puris said, “With the launch of TikTok For Business, we set out to embrace the creative, positive, and real moments that make our community so special with solutions for businesses to connect and grow with our wonderfully expressive community.”
“As we continue to build a platform where brands bring immense value to the user experience, we’re excited to continue investing in solutions that give brands a platform to inspire others, be discovered, and meaningfully connect with the TikTok Community,” Katie added.
Aside from that, the startup is testing a new platform called Creator Marketplace in select regions. This platform will allow brands to discover and partner with TikTok content creators on paid brand campaigns.